Start saving ladies because June is a hot month – and not just temperature wise. These ten items will bring your wardrobe into summer bloom and can easily be mixed and matched for optimized use. Our list (and more products if you click!) below.
1. We rounded up the top ten dress styles of the season and although it may be hard to choose, the polka dot number from madewell is cute, fresh, and can be worn inside the AC’d office (with a cardigan or blazer) or for running around on the weekends for brunch and beach stops.
2. You will not survive the summer without a solid carry-all tote that will bring you from the office straight to the beach without the fuss of switching bags (and losing items along the way).
3. The fresh to death mint skinny jeans are perfect the transitional piece and look super crisp with memorial day whites. Like an Altoid for your legs – curiously strong.
4. Colorblocking is all over the place, from dresses to shoes. And lucky for you, some ridiculously cute summer sandals have adopted the trend. Dare to get colorful and spice up your basics.
5. Get a little retro vibe going while also protecting your eyes from squint lines (and the inevitable botox) with these chic round sunglasses.
6. Another throwback trend this season is the jean jacket. Designers have really updated the classic look and with the weather being totally whacky, the jean jacket is a no brainer and pulls together any outfit. But over a white dress? Sweet.
7. Scalloped clothing really made a splash this season. Adding a delicate detail to a pair of comfy shorts or a swimsuit is feminine and flirty.
8. An easy item to bring you into the spring/summer wave is the floral skirt. Colorful and fun, pair with a great nude heal and white or balck blazer to feel like queen B of office attire.
9. Every working girl needs a solid pair of wedge pumps. They ooze comfort without lacking on style (at least the ones we found).
10. Now that Memorial Day has finally occurred, it is fashionably acceptable (if you’re old school and follow the rules) to rock out all your whites. And this season, this color is white hot and oh so necessary to take you through the summer. Try a simple summer white sheath, bare tanned legs in short white denim shorts, or throw on a white blazer with, well, everything. You can’t go wrong – but stay away from sloppy red wine drinkers.