The amazing thing about accessories is that sizes are never a concern (unless your feet are still magically growing). So it’s easy to overstock on such things as handbags and shoes. But who’s complaining! If you’re looking to downsize to only the essentials, however, we already advised you on the only five handbags you’ll ever need. And now that fall is starting to sneak up on us, you’ll be bidding adieu to your sandals and espadrilles and welcoming a new slew of flats and boots. To make the transition easier for you, we’ve compiled the top five pairs you should be getting for fall. Check out the list below–and our slideshow of editor’s picks for examples of each.
- Smoking Slippers: Instead of sporting ballet flats through fall, opt for this male-inspired shoe, which comes in literally every design you can think of. They’re comfy to wear, have a little bit of a heel, and depending on the style you choose, can easily be a statement piece in your daily ensemble.
- Cap-Toe Pumps: Regular high heels are boring. But a cap-toe detail adds a bit of zest to your mundane pair. There’s also no need to pile on the jewelry if your pumps are already sporting a metallic cap-toe.
- Wedge Sneakers: Fact: the sporty shoe was a best-seller this spring and a fun alternative to your usual pair of Converse, Vans, or Superga shoes. Plus, the wedge gives you flattering height in the most casual way. Consider this your fall secret weapon of style.
- Colorblock Heels: The colorblock heels from spring are transforming themselves for fall with color-contrasting soles. Add a pop of color by just slipping these on and voila! You can instantly dress your entire outfit around this eye-catching pair.
- Chelsea Boots: While you could easily bring back your motorcycle-style boots for the fall, we prefer this slip-on, Mod-inspired shoe, which is just as appealing as flats or in heel-form. This type of boot is effortlessly cool and can be worn with nearly everything, from comfy leggings to pleated skirts.