The 6 Trends That Will Change Your Life
April 21, 2011
Some trends come and go, while others change your life. Though I do love harem pants and maxi skirts, I know that they’re the kind of trends that will only retain their relevance for a while longer, before they join the ranks of clear bra straps, platform flip flops, and the other fads of yesteryear. But some trends, because of their classic look and utilitarian nature, will change your life (or at least your wardrobe..). In no specific order, they include:
1. Infinity Scarves: Why would I ever go back to a regular scarf when I face the threat of a) losing it b) being mistaken for a Parisian schoolboy? Infinity scarves are called as such not only because of their shape, but also because of how long you’ll continue to wear them.
2. Cross-Body Bags: Even if you’re not ambidextrous, life with two hands is still a whole lot easier.
3. Wedges: Girls who wear these aren’t the ones barefoot, carrying their shoes at the end of the night. Just sayin’.
4. High-Waisted Pants: Aside from dieting, the only real antidote to the muffin top.
5. Leather Jackets: Versatile, supremely warm, perfect for layering…once you invest in a classic, you never really need to stray.
6. Skinny Cargo Pants: The skinny leg lets them seamlessly tuck into boots or show off cute sandals, and the cargo pockets are the ultimate in utilitarian fashion. Especially if your cross-body bag isn’t affording you enough storage space!