Some of the fashion world’s finest came out last night to honor designers, models and more at the British Fashion Awards in London. The carpet was graced with a lot of gorgeous black gowns, but there were also a few refreshing spots of color. Check out our five favorites of the night, plus similar looks for (a lot) less.
1. Kate Moss’s Dior dress was definitely dramatic, but we love that she added a tailored blazer over an evening gown. Every woman should have blazer like this one from The Gap in her closet.
2. Claudia Schiffer bucked the black dress trend in this printed red number by designer Peter Pilotto.This Ali Ro dress that has a similar print, but the A-line silhouette is more forgiving for those of us who aren’t supermodels.
3. Victoria Beckham wore one of her own designs and what really made it special was the beautiful embellishment on the shoulders. The chains and stones on this Alice + Olivia tunic convey the same feel, but you’ll be able to wear it a lot more often.
4. Model Jacquetta Wheeler also offered a much needed dose of color in a tiered, floral-print dress. If you’re brave enough to try the flower trend and a tiered dress in one look, go for it. If not, try this simple tiered Ella Moss dress instead.
5. Take an ordinary black dress from basic to brilliant by throwing a one-of-a-kind jacket over it like Olga Kurylenko did for the night. This sequin wrap by BCBGMAXAZRIA is a glitzy alternative to fur.