The Best Hair Removal Products To Stock Up On Before Bikini Season
March 3, 2015
Let’s all be honest. Unless you live in a super warm climate, you probably haven’t been keeping up with a shaving routine over the winter months. But now that spring is just around the corner, it’s time to get your legs, underarms and other areas in shape. Click the slideshow to shop the best hair removal treatments on the market, plus check out these tips and tricks for total smoothness:
- Always bathe or shower first. It gets your skin clean and removes irritants, plus it hydrates your hairs to make them softer and easier to cut. Just don’t soak too long, water wrinkles will create an uneven surface and make it harder to get a close shave.
- Use a 4- or 5-blade razor so you can do less strokes, which means less irritation.
- Change your blades or replace your razor every 5-6 shaves because weak blades can lead to irritation.
- Pull the skin taut to get a close shave when shaving underarms or bikini areas.
- Shave up, down and sideways for smooth skin when shaving underarms.
- Use an after-shave lotion with aloe or chamomile to soothe your skin if it’s sensitive.
- Shave the day before going to a beach or pool to avoid possible infections and irritation from salt, chlorine and the sun.