The colder weather is coming and that means it’s time to start wearing socks again. Even if you luck out and don’t lose one (or more) in the laundry, keeping them organized can be a chore. Here are some tips to keep each pair together so finding them is a breeze.
1. Use shoe boxes. Sure, you can spend money on a professional sock organizer like this one , but why not save a few bucks and simply use small shoes boxes (without the lids) to store socks in drawers and keep them in place.
2. Organize in one layer. Don’t pile socks on top of one another–this will make it harder to find what you need when getting dressed. It’s better to just organize your socks in one layer so you can quickly grab and go.
3. Don’t ball them up. Folding your socks makes them easier to organize and can help them last longer–balling them up will cause the elastic to wear out faster.
4. Fold in half. Fold the socks in half or quarters, and then stack them upright so you can easily find the pair you’re looking for.
5. Color coordinate. If you have the room, separate socks by color. Even better: You can also organize them by category, such as dress socks, casual socks, gym socks, etc.