Live in Greenfield, WI? It’s your lucky day, because this deal is still active.
Although I love waking up every morning to an inbox teeming with prospective deals from sites like Groupon, LivingSocial, Bloomspot, Buy With Me, Gilt City, Lifebooker Loot, and HomeRun (not to mention the Pizzario Uno and Senior Friend Finder e-lists my friends so generously put me on), a really amazing deal only comes so often. Personally, I think I peaked at the American Apparel and Russian Turkish Bathouse coupons. But my easiest way of classifying whether or not to purchase a group coupon is simply by deciding what activities I do and do not trust to purchase at a discounted rate. The latter list is compiled below:
1. Skydiving: If I’m going to jump out of a plane, I’d rather pay full price for the parachute.
2. Plastic Surgery/Botox: If a doc is paid half price for the job…what other things are being compromised here?
3. Lasik Eye Surgery: Isn’t the motivation for the vendor that they’ll gain repeat customers? I mean, let’s hope this wouldn’t be the case here.
4. Car Oil Change/Break Check: Never seen this one in your inbox? This was yesterday’s Groupon in Buffalo, NY. Only $32 for a full synthetic oil change and fuel injector cleaning!
5. Colon Cleansing: The NYC Groupon this year went for a whole 60% off!
6. Bikini Wax: Although this is a common one especially with Lifebooker Loot and Bloomspot, it makes me uncomfortable to think the person with hot wax in hand may be bitter about being underpaid for the job.
7. Babysitters: if you thought Craigslist was shady, at least people on there are asking for full price!