WWD’s recent look at the top 10 luxury brands (as rated by the Luxury Institute) inspired us to find the best high-dollar designer brands worth your dollar.
Here’s Part II:
6. Chanel La Vernis Ever since Chanelâ€™s Vamp nail color caused mani/pedi mania, fashionable hands have relied on Chanel nailpolish. What will this yearâ€™s ‘It’ color be? Weâ€™re starting with Pirate to contrast spring’s pastel palette. Find it at Nordstrom.com for $18.
7. Prada army nylon ‘Ball’ medium hobo Avoid the black nylon style you can find every other street vendor selling fake versions of. We suggest the army green â€œBallâ€ medium hobo. Counterfeiters will be jealous. Find it at Bluefly.com for $360.
8. Gucci Flat Heel Pump Whew — our feet are relieved that comfy (yet stylish) flats are still hot for spring. We like Gucciâ€™s whimsical floral canvas verion with a bamboo horsebit. Walk in a garden, without the weeds, of course. Find them at NeimanMarcus.com for $395.
9. Armani Ruffled Stretch Skirt Nervous about embracing a spring trend? Go with a classic designer. We like Armaniâ€™s take on ruffles with his sleek stretch skirt. It tempers the trendâ€™s sweetness with sexy slit. Find it at SaksFifthAvenue.com for $675.
10. Ferragamo Double-Wrap Leather Bracelet The classic brand reveals surprisingly hip sensibilities with its double-wrap leather bracelets in turquoise, green and yellow. Oh, decisions…Get all 3 at NeimanMarcus.com for $70.