When you’re about to eat a Qdoba burrito for dinner, you’re feeling pretty pleased with your life choices. You’re about to get into some rice, beans, cheese, and meat all wrapped up in a huge tortilla. What could go wrong? Well, actually, you could find a screw in your burrito halfway through the meal… because that happened to this woman just a few days ago.
Elizabeth Weddle was cutting into her pork burrito from Qdoba when she felt something hard. What happened next is the stuff of nightmares. She discovered a metal screw in the burrito that she was already eating. There are so many things that could have happened. What if she was biting into the burrito and choked on the screw? Or shattered her teeth? And that’s only the start of the potential health risks with this situation.
After letting her jaw stay dropped for a solid ten minutes (fair!), Elizabeth and her husband cut their meals short (obviously!). She took some pictures and even posted to Facebook hoping that Qdoba would make up for this horrible, horrible mistake. She also contacted the restaurant chain’s headquarters and received a refund and a coupon for ONE free burrito. I mean, at least give this woman free burritos for life! Not that she plans on going back to Qdoba anytime soon, I’m sure.