I used to tweeze my eyebrows up until about two years ago and I still do for the most part. Tweezing doesn’t cost anything and it doesn’t hurt me at all whereas a lot of people think it’s painful. However, I get my eyebrows threaded about every two months to clean up the shape and all that. I have never gotten my eyebrows waxed and I don’t plan on it in the future. In my opinion, threading has more benefits than waxing, but to break it down, here are the pros and cons of each.
1. Threading is great for extreme precision as you can remove a single hair or a row of hair with one movement.
2. Because of precision, threading is ideal when it comes to shaping brows.
3. It’s great for people with sensitive skin because there are no harsh chemicals and the thread barely touches your skin.
4. Once the hair follicle is visible, it can be removed, unlike waxing where the hair needs to be a certain length.
5. Longer lasting results because the hair is removed from the follicle completely.
6. Threading doesn’t irritate your skin and will very rarely leave marks.
7. Very quick process.
1. Threading does not require a license. However, some threading salons hire licensed estheticians.
2. Threading only removes facial hair.
3. Depending on the person, threading can cause discomfort.
4. Your eyes may water during the process.
1. Waxing salons require a licensed professional.
2. It’s better for people with coarse or thick hair.
3. Can be used to remove hair on all parts of your body.
4. Overall quick process.
5. Some people find the process to be less painful since the strip is removed so quickly.
1. Not as much control and precision.
2. Can be very irritating and damaging to the skin.
3. Wax contains chemicals that people can have allergic reactions to.
4. Takes off the top layer of skin.
5. Hair follicle can break, leading to quicker hair regrowth.
Do you thread or wax your eyebrows?