1. Summer Dress – Even your frilliest white lace or chiffon summer dress can be winterized with a few key additions. Try layering a sweater on top, which will give you a cozy look - and turns the dress into a skirt. Accent your waist with a leather belt or accessorize with a knit circle scarf.
2. Denim Shorts – Your denim cutoffs - the most summer-y of summer clothes - are actually wearable in cold weather months. The key is to dress up the casual look with a silk blouse and a polished blazer. Don't forget warm tights and boots or mary-janes!
3. Platform or Heeled Sandals – Just because your feet are in winter mode - pastey and unpolished, shudder - doesn't mean you can't rock sandals! Toss on your favorite summer platforms or heels over a pair of fun-colored tights. Wear with a black leather skirt and a crisp white oxford for a little good girl/bad girl dynamic.
4. Denim Shirt – Take your chambray or denim shirt and layer it over a turtleneck for a seasonally-appropriate look that keeps your neck warm. Add a fun statement necklace and, if you're really daring, a blazer on top of that.
5. Lace Shorts – Summer is the time to embrace the girly, with it's pastels, seersucker and lace. We've struggled with how to wear lace shorts in winter before, but one rule of thumb for translating the uber-feminine look to winter is to pair with lots of black: black tights, black booties and a black moto jacket for added edge.