Top 5 Backyard Birthday Party Essentials
June 18, 2010
Hosting a birthday party for your little one in your backyard this summer? We know all the planning can make them a little stressful, so we’re helping you out this year. You’ve mailed the invites and ordered the cake, but here are some other, less obvious items you’ll need to ensure your party goes off without a hitch. Best of all, you can use them again and again all summer long.
1. An Umbrella. Whether you have lots of babies coming to the festivities or grandma and grandpa will be in attendance, set up an umbrella to create a shady place for people to sit.
2. Picnic Table. If your party is going to be small, invest in these miniature picnic tables ($50) for the kids to sit at while they eat. After the party, you can reuse them at summer BBQs or pool parties.
3. Blankets. If you’re expecting lots of kids, stock up on these outdoor blankets ($30). The kids can eat lunch or rest on them. When the party is over, throw them in the wash and you can reuse them for family picnics.
4. Cake Table. Whether you’re having a birthday cake or birthday cupcakes, keep them safe from little fingers on a separate display table. When it’s time to sing happy birthday, this leisure table ($107) comes with stools your little one can sit on to blow out the candles.
5. Play Tent. Kids just love running in and out of tents. This circus theme play tent is festive, gender neutral and spacious enough for all those kiddies to work off some of that sugar.