Whether you’re all together in the yard for a barbecue or you’re sending the kids outside to get out of your hair, backyard games are a wholesome, crowd-pleasing way to enjoy the outdoors. Here are some games that require kid-power, not batteries, to get going, and are so fun, they might not even mind being away from the television.
1. This adorable croquet set from Land of Nod ($49) is a fun way to play one of the oldest lawn sports around.
2. Badminton anyone? This comprehensive set ($30) will have you batting the birdie in no time.
3. Try your luck at this retro-style rubber horseshoe game ($13) for a friendly competition.
4. The balls in this bocce set ($23) are made from child-friendly foam, making it a great option for little ones just learning the game.
5. Sometimes nothing’s more fun than a low-budget, high-energy toy, like a classic Frisbee ($12). Here’s a game the whole family–even the dog!–can enjoy late into the evening.