Top 5: Gifts For Your Workaholic Friend
December 9, 2009
If your workaholic friend refuses to dress up for work because tights or pencil skirts are uncomfortable during her 14 hours days at her desk, we’ve got her number. Below are five gifts to keep her looking stylish and feeling comfortable…before she goes straight to bed and does it all over again. (Hopefully she’ll finally meet you for a drink so you can give her the gift.)
1. The more corporate the office, the harder it is to regulate your body temperature. Get her a pashmina wrap ($78) she can stash in her desk and wear inside all year round.
2. This flowy silk skirt ($70) can be easily incorporated into her office wardrobe–the plum color adds some depth to her basics, and it’s comfortable for those late nights. (We don’t argue that the standard high-waisted, SPANX-assisted pencil skirt isn’t the most comfortable office option.)
3. This oversized Melie Bianco tote ($90) is affordable enough to give, and big enough to fit a laptop (and gym clothes, and makeup, and lunch…).
4. I actually have Sephora’s Magic Palette ($18) in my desk – the shadows and little brush are a dream when I don’t get the chance to do my eye makeup before work, and the pink shade can double as blush in a pinch.
5. Even the most seasoned workaholic sometimes makes the mistake of wearing too-high heels all day. Purse Flats ($240) are easy to stash in a desk drawer, and the carrying case can become a clutch for client dinners.