It’s fun to have a few bright, boldly patterned swimsuits in your summer arsenal (hey, if you can’t wear neon at the beach, where can you wear it?). But just as with your year-round wardrobe, it’s a good idea to have that perfect, figure-flattering, go-to black piece, too. Picking your perfect black swimsuit is as easy as picking your must-have LBD, since there are tons of options out there for every body type. Here are some of our faves:
1. Have a short torso? Eye-catching details up top—like the ruffles on this strapless Spanx suit—draw attention up to your collarbone and sparkling smile ($132.99, from 178).
2. The halter neck on this Tommy Bahama Pearl Shirred One Piece Halter ($128) attracts attention away from your midsection. Plus, it’s classic, meaning you won’t have to try on another swimsuit for at least a few years.
3. This St. John Halter One Piece ($68.60, down from $210) will make the waistline look whittled while drawing attention upward.
4. Underwires are your friends, busty babes. Calvin Klein’s supportive tank lets you show off what ya got without having to worry about coverage issues ($98).
5. The deep V on this O’Neill Keep It Solid One Piece ($61.97, down from $72) creates ultimate figure flattery for apple-shaped gals.