Every years tons of toy makers from around the country migrate to the Jacob Javitz Center here in N.Y.C. for Toy Fair. It’s this huge expo featuring all the new and cool toys we’ll be seeing this year and yesterday I spent my afternoon taking it all in. My legs and feet are still sore from all the walking, but I must admit it was thrilling to see the new toys. Here are the 5 I’m most excited about for 2011.
1. Rockstar Mickey. Remember Dance Star Mickey? Yeah, well his Rockstar brother is taking over in 2011. Outfitted in hip shades and toting a rockin’ guitar, Rockstar Mickey sings an even better new tune and does a split! Look for him in September.
2. Fijits. Obsessed doesn’t even begin to explain my sentiments toward these little things. They’re basically like little buddies that respond to keywords your child says. The purple one’s name is Willa, so your daughter can ask her, “Hey Willa, how do I look today?” And the Fijit will respond, “You look great” or something like that. They also respond to music, so when an upbeat song comes on they’ll start dancing. And are you ready for this? These things even rap! I seriously can’t wait for them to come out.
3. KidTough Digital Camera. We’ve all done it–attempted to take a picture of ourselves only to get half of your face. Enter this genius KidTough camera that’s outfitted with a rotating lens and a screen so your kids can take perfect pictures of themselves and their friends. Bonus: it also records video!
4. HAPE Spaceship. Consider it a dollhouse for boys. This super cool wooden spaceship comes complete with a removable rocket and a working elevator!
5. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn. This one is for every parents that let their kids play with their iPhone or iPod touch. This handy, kid-friendly case fits all models of the iPhone and iPod Touch to protect it from falls and dirty little fingers while your child is playing his/her favorite apps. Best of all, if you get an important phone call while your child is playing, you can totally answer the phone in this case.
Stay tuned for more of my cool finds from Toy Fair later this week.
Sign up for our newsletter to get even more finds delivered right to your inbox.
Click here to email Jeanine, the author of this post