It’s July, I know, but before you know it August will be here and you’ll be frantically trying to get your little one ready to go back to school. So beat the September rush and start your back-to-school shopping early this year. Here are some BTS essentials you should buy now:
1. It will still be warm when your daughter goes back to school in September, so get her these pretty pink capris ($13) for the first day that she continue wearing well through fall.
2. Send your son back to school in style with this Paul Frank zip up hoodie ($13) he can use as a jacket until the weather starts to get really cool.
3. No kid can start school without a new backpack. Skip Hop’s zoo backpack ($20) is a favorite of moms and children alike.
4. The best lunchboxes tend to sell out early, so if your little one has a favorite character, get it now while there are still plenty in stock.
5. If your child’s been spending the summer vegging out at the beach or by the pool, get them reacquainted with reading with these fun LeapFrog Tag books ($14).
Shop more back to school essentials in our buying guides.