Top Five: Draped Cardigans For The Fall We Wish Would Come Already
August 20, 2009
Okay, so it’s about a gazillion degrees out. Just standing near a sweater could send you into a heat coma, which means that browsing through racks and racks of them is completely out of the question.
So, in the spirit of getting revved up for fashion’s favorite season, do a little virtual shopping (comfortably from inside an air conditioned office or apartment) and take a peek at five trendy sweaters for your transition into crisper weather.
1. Vince is known for expertise in making the softest of sweaters; with its subtle drapes, this cardigan ($245) can be worn equally well with a casual tee or a sexy blouse.
2. Get two looks for the price of one – the old-fashioned side clasp on this convertible cotton cardigan from Splendid ($87) will keep you stylishly snug.
3. This fall is all about immaculately destroyed clothing and the dexterous hands behind this shredded Raw 7 cardigan ($288) have certainly perfected the art of rippage.
4. Is it a sweatshirt or is it a sweater? This lovely Silence & Noise cardigan ($48) plays with our heads like one of those magic eye books.
5. A long draped sweater like this Juicy Couture style ($178) is always figure-flattering and a great option for layering at the office.