Top Five: Headbands To Hold Your Hair In Place All The Way Through Fall
August 12, 2009
For those of you that think a headband should only be worn paired with a deep cleansing face mask, think again. Unique hair wear has been huge this year, and the new batch of headbands for fall are a little less first day of kindergarten and a lot more classy chic.
1. Just looking at this coral headband ($75) makes us feel put together, so we can imagine what wearing it would be like. Plus, it doubles as a triple wrap stud bracelet, just like the ones that have been going for the big bucks lately.
2. This elegant OAK headband ($48) has a bit of plume, but won’t make you look like you’ve just had a nasty run in with a pigeon.
3. Nature-inspired headbands are everywhere, featuring everything from leaves, to feathers, to twigs..and even whole plants. The gold leaf brooches on this braided style by ash&dans are antiques, so each headband is unique ($66).
4. For a demure but glam look, this Free People design ($24) in silver and nude will surely make a statement. If you want something a little edgier for the winter months, it comes in black too.
5. An affordable version of the embellished hippie bands celebrities like Nicole Richie have been donning, this golden sequin headband ($14) stretches to fit even those of us with even the largest brains (heads).