Mini skirts are fierce and it seems like they’re everywhere. Worn right, they’re a sophisticated bottom that’s alluring without trying too hard. Dress it up or dress it down, and the mini will take you from a weekend brunch to a post-work happy hour. And before you say you’re too tall or too modest for this style, grab yourself a pair of opaque tights and hit the dressing room with our favorites as a guide. You’re sure to find a mini perfect for you.
1. Flirty and fun, this ruffled mini ($48) from Free People hits on all this season’s trends.
2. A paper bag waist and gauzy material make Victoria’s Secret’s zebra mini ($39.50) a more forgiving and seasonless style.
3. For tall girls, Banana Republic’s corduroy mini ($29.99) has extra length and a classic style that’ll go anywhere.
4. Preppy gray plaid cozies up Juicy’s mini ($82) which is practically begging to be paired with cabled tights and a turtleneck sweater.
5. This Elizabeth and James beaded skirt is so perfectly embellished–it’s hard to resist.
See more of the best skirts, plus tall boots, really cute booties to go with everything, and leather jackets to pump up the look to an edgier level.