Because Mother’s Day is now less than one week away, we’re giving you another set of gift ideas today. Nothing says Mother’s Day quite like a new scent, so for all the moms you still have to shop for, check out these fresh fragrances we love.
1. Forever Lily ($125) is an exotic, yet subtle scent that’s inspired by Beth Nonte Russell’s powerful memoir that details the unexpected adoption of her daughter, Lily, from China. The signature scent is an Oriental blend, with notes of lychee, lemon, clove, fig and stargazer lily, wrapped in sweet vanilla, amber, sandalwood, and musk. A portion of the proceeds is donated to the Golden Phoenix Foundation.
2. Hermes Kelly Caleche ($67) is a fragrance that evolves as you wear it. It’s definitely not understated, but it’s not overpowering, either. The name comes from the famous Hermes Kelly bag (named after Grace Kelly) and combines notes of grapefruit, honeyed mimosa, climbing rose, a hint of tuberose and lily of the valley.
3. As juicy as an orchard, Jo Malone’s Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne ($100) is perfect for summer. This fresh scent includes nectarine and peach with hints of plum, blackcurrant and vetiver. Delicious, right?
4. The latest fragrance from N.Y.C.’s Bond No. 9–New York High Line ($145)–smells of tulips, red leaf rose, bergamot, Indian rharbarb, purple love grass and orange flower water. Eighty percent of the notes come from plants and flowers that grow on the High Line.
5. For the most sophisticated mom your list that deserves an extra special treat this year, give her Gucci’s Flora Eau de Parfum ($100). According to Gucci, the first Flora scarf was exclusively designed for Princess Grace of Monaco in 1966 and this scent is an expression of the Flora legacy. Its notes include citrus accord, peony, rose, osmanthus flower, pink pepper and sandalwood.