Clothes seem to have more and more extraneous decorative hardware these days, and we’re all for it. These items all have the fun detail without looking over-the-top.
1. This is a very cool update on the classic black clutch – the bag is practical yet miles away from boring ($276.50, from $395).
2. This Frye boot ($330) takes biker chic down a notch, so you get all the cool detail without any of the clunkiness. Wear with a skirt now, and with skinny jeans later. ($330.)
3. These leggings from LNA have three zippered faux-pockets, which up the ante from a regular pair of exercise leggings ($110.)
4. This dress ($30 from $58) works well with leggings, or as a comfy beach cover-up.
5. Give your basic black cardigan a little edge by replacing the buttons with a visible zipper. This sweater from Juicy Couture looks perfect over denim or a dress ($178.)