Alas, the glitz and glamour of Fashion Week has finally come to an end. The fashionistas have hung up their designer armor – at least until the next big event – and now the waiting game commences for who and what will garner the most attention (and sales!) for Fall 08. In the meantime, here are our top 5 most memorable looks from the week. Let the countdown to September begin…
1. Michael Kors is truly the master of American sportswear, as he proves season after season with timeless, chic, and impeccable looks. His Fall 08 collection, with its late 50s jetsetting vibe, rested on a palette of camels and rich floral prints. This Calvin Klein Wool Melton Coat (was $298, now $199) is a classic piece that would look perfect over any Kors ensemble.
2. Proenza Schouler impressed the crowd with short dresses in deep jewel tones adorned with structured bows and exquisite draping. This Julie Haus Bow Neck Dress (was $428, now $128) comes in a vibrant plum purple and flows elegantly from the body.
3. Marc Jacobs was all about the lighter colors. Faded pastel blues, creamy whites, and dusty pinks showed up in pants, coats, and thick cable-knit sweaters. This Chunky Knit Cardigan from Alice+Olivia ($385) comes in the perfect snow-white hue to complement a pair of grey wool trousers or dark washed jeans.
4. Anna Sui is known for her no-holds-barred runway mentality. Her models strut out in everything from hot pink furs to punked out fringed moccasins. This season, Sui was big on the print dress – which is why this French Connection Printed Mini (was $158, now $63) would fit right in.
5. The models for Zac Posen sported short structured skirts over bold colored tights in oranges, purples, and yellows. This High-Waisted Mini Skirt ($215) would look fierce over a pair of out-there red tights – if you have the nerve.