Top 5 Caffeine-Infused Cellulite (and Saggy Skin) Cures
October 2, 2007
I love a cup, or four, of coffee in the morning, but I’ve always been made to feel somewhat guilty about my daily caffeine fixes. So my incredulity at the latest wave of beauty products is to be expected, right?
Caffeine infused lotions, topical creams, soaps and exfoliates have been flooding the beauty market, and all of them credit the same stimulating secret weapon for their somewhat unbelievable claims. It’s definitely worthy of skepticism, but here’s the science of the matter. Although the effects aren’t exactly long-term, experts are saying that caffeine can reduce the appearance of cellulite for short periods of time, as well as fight cell damage. Even though the results aren’t permanent, what woman wouldn’t use a little topical caffeine to smooth out her flaws in favor of firm, radiant skin? I know I would!
So in celebration of caffeine and the pursuit of perfect skin, here are the top 5 caffeine finds of the moment. (Although I still refuse to give up my daily cup of java.)
1. Origin's Have a Nice Day Super Charged Moisturizing Cream, $32.50 at Origins.com
2. Bliss Fat Girl Slim is a skin firming topical cream, $29 at SkinStore.com
3. Fresh ‘V-Tonic Bath Spheres’ exfoliating bath balls, $42 at Amazon.com
4. Remede ‘High Energy Eye Contour’ firming eye cream, $90 at Sephora.com
5. Shiseido ‘Body Creator Aromatic Energizing Spray’ an invigorating body mister, $39 at Amazon.com