Top Five Of J.Crew's Amazing Gems
March 31, 2008
I rarely read any of the catalogs that somehow manage to find their way to my mailbox – it's funny, I don't remember signing up for most of them. But I must confess that lately I actually look forward to getting my J.Crew catalog (although, J. Crew is among the guiltiest of the bunch when it comes to wasting that paper).
When it comes to design, my own inner prepster swoons every season over their argyles and A-line dresses, but I am particularly blown away by this jewelry collection, which seems to have come out of nowhere. The pieces are unique and expensive looking without costing a fortune. Just in case you've been living on another planet for the last few months and haven't seen the collection, allow me to introduce you to it:
1. Jeweled Starburst Cuff Bracelet ($150): A dramatic piece in bright summer colors with hand-painted resin and Czech-glass beads arranged on 18k gold plated metal. Simply stunning.
2. Wood Bead & Fireball Necklace ($98): Wood beads are very much back in style (as seen in our guide to Celeb Jewelry). J.Crew spices this beaded strand up a little with some interspersed rhinestone "fireballs" that give the necklace a more glamorous and less earthy appeal.
3. Bubble Necklace ($150): Do yourself a favor and get yourself a statement necklace this season. This bubble necklace made of hand-set enamel stones and beads will make you an instant fashionista. I like to wear mine with a $5 Hanes T-shirt — it still makes me look like a million bucks!
4. Cabochon Bouquet Cocktail Ring ($65): Another statement to be made is on your ring finger. How fun is this cocktail ring with candy-colored resin stones?
5. Diamond Mosaic Enamel Bangle ($78): Just one of the many beautiful hand-painted enamel bangles that you can find on JCrew.com. I love this mosaic style but they also have cool ones in animal prints.