Versatile colors mean you can wear these light coats for a little extra coverage now, then pull them out again for the first fall chill.
1. This twill trench ($103) comes in an unusual blue-green – perfect with white trousers till fall, when it’ll be just as appropriate with black or heather grey.
2. The details on this Mackage trench ($440) – like a thick belt and stan-up collar – make it look even sharper.
3. We like the contrasting buttons on this navy stretch canvas trench ($107).
4. This Simply Vera Vera Wang satin trench ($58, was $118) looks like it was made to throw over a black dress for evening.
5. If you insist upon black, this belted ¾ trench ($218) is a flatting, nipped-waist option.