We get it, we’re all so busy that sometimes it can be hard to maintain healthy eating habits. As much as you want to make smart choices, eating something not so healthy just sometimes feels easier and more convenient.
The key, of course is to be prepared. That’s why we’re sharing this amazing Trail Mix Energy Bite recipe created by TheToastedPinenut from our friends at HomeGoods (which carry all of the ingredients at amazing prices!). They’re best made in batches, take less than 30 minutes to make and you can keep them in a bag with you at all times. Whether they’re on your desk or in your purse, you can munch on one of these when you need a quick and nutritious snack.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup flax meal
- ½ cup puffed quinoa
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ cup dried figs, chopped
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Use a sturdy spatula to thoroughly mix the ingredients until they’re well combined.
3. Roll ping pong sized balls into your hands. I found it easiest to have damp hands and went back to the sink to wash and re-wet my hands every 3 balls or so.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
Be sure to check out these cool new New Balance sneakers.
SHEfinds receives commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.