Trend Alert: eco-clothing, aprix, mini-blazers
January 31, 2005
Helen Job has the cool job of being a trendspotter and helping companies like MTV and Calvin Klein decide what’s cool.
For 2005, her predictions include:
– A “fantastical” influence on fashion coming from children’s
books like Charlotte’s Web and Alice in Wonderland being made into films.
– Ethical and eco-oriented clothing labels like Rogan
and American Apparel.
– West Coast fashion line Trovata, mixing “New
England preppy with South American flavor” and featuring washed-out pastels.
And specifically for the guys:
– A sneaker line called Aprix, making low-tech white sneakers like
those seen along the French Riviera.
– “Shrunken tailoring” like mini-blazers
and cropped pants.
Find the rest of Job’s forecast on Fashion Week Daily.