The Ultimate Honeymoon Packing List
July 31, 2017
Your honeymoon marks one of the most romantic periods of your marriage (no pressure or anything), so you definitely want to make sure you come prepared. No matter where you and your hubby jet off to after the wedding, you don’t want to spend your getaway at a grocery store or mall trying to buy necessities you forgot to pack. We know you probably have a lot on your plate with arranging wedding plans and finalizing details on the honeymoon itself. So, to make your life and packing process way easier, we rounded up an extensive honeymoon packing list that leaves nothing out. Print this out, hang it on your fridge, and DO NOT leave anything crucial at home.
- Passports. This might be the #1 most important packing item for your honeymoon if you’re leaving the country. Save a lot of time and stress by packing your passport in a specific pocket of your carry-on before you board the plane, and check repeatedly that it’s still there. And, do not accidentally pack it in the bag that you’re checking.
- Plane tickets. This one is equally important. No plane tickets, no travels. Designate you or your husband (whoever is more responsible) to hold on to all plane tickets for dear life the day you depart.
- Driver’s licenses
- Credit cards and cash. Notify your bank beforehand that you’re traveling, and keep a decent amount of cash on-hand just in case.
- Phone/laptop chargers. Keep the batteries on your devices fully charged at all times, and consider buying a portable charger.
- Hair dryer/straightener/curling iron
- Jeans. Whether you’re headed to the Bahamas or England, you need a trusty pair of jeans. Regardless of the season or location, they’re a wardrobe must-have that won’t take up a ton of suitcase space. Pack a white pair if you’re honeymooning in a tropical spot.
- Leggings. It’s not really a vacation unless you bring a pair of cozy pants.
- Underwear. Make sure you pack enough bras and undies for the trip. You don’t want to run out of clean underwear mid-week. Don’t forget your strapless bra!
- Plenty of dresses. Depending on what activities you have planned for the honeymoon, you’ll want an assortment of dresses. Pack a sundress for the beach and your favorite LBD for dinners with your new hubby.
- Swimsuits. Even if you’re not beach-bound, your hotel might have a pool or hot tub.
- Swimsuit cover-up
- Basic tees or tanks. Pack a simple top for every day of the trip.
- Shorts and/or skirts
- Light sweater/jacket
- Several pairs of socks
- Shoes. Lots and lots of shoes. Pack heels for romantic dinners, sneakers in case you take a hike or long walk on the beach, and sandals.
- Cute beach hat
- Beach bag
- Evening bag or clutch
- Aloe vera
- Tums or Pepto Bismol. You never know when a meal abroad might not sit well.
- Travel-size toothpaste, shampoo, and conditioner. Some hotels and resorts may provide these, but you don’t want to risk getting there and not having them.
- Extra sets of contact lenses/glasses
- Makeup. Make sure you have all your beauty essentials before you leave. A resort in the Dominican Republic probably won’t have a contour kit ready for purchase if you leave yours back in the States.
- Makeup remover
- Brush or comb
- Nail clippers/nail file
- Shaving cream and razor
- Hand sanitizer
Triple check this list before you leave. Safe travels!