- 4 ounces jalapeño-infused silver tequila (*see recipe below)
- 3 ounces fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces Cointreau
Jalapeno Infused Tequila
- Slice up a fresh jalapeño pepper and allow it to steep in 1 cup of tequila for 2 hours.
- Taste to check the heat level, and continue to steep if a stronger infusion is desired (usually a full 4 hours).
- Once infusing process is complete, remove the slices by pouring the mixture through a fine-meshed strainer.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Optional garnish: salt the rim of the glass.
- 2 oranges, cut into half-moons
- 2 lemons, cut into half-moons
- 1 Persian cucumber or one 3-in.-long piece English cucumber, washed and sliced
- 2 cups Pimm’s No. 1
- 4 cups Sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- 6 to 8 large sprigs mint, crushed gently, plus a few loose leaves
- Fill 2 pitchers 1/4 full with ice. To each, add a layer of orange slices, a few lemon slices, and a layer of cucumber slices. Repeat the layering. Pour in the Pimm’s and Sprite, dividing between pitchers, and mix with a long-handled spoon. Poke mint sprigs and leaves down into drink. Divide drink among 8 tall glasses, with a few slices of fruit and cucumber in each glass, along with some mint leaves.
- Notes: Persian cucumbers are small, thin-skinned, virtually seedless, and very tasty. They’re sold at well-stocked grocery
- 4 1/2 cups Cucumber Gin (or 2 oz.), how-to follows
- 2 1/4 cups fresh lime juice (or 1 oz.)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Mint Simple Syrup (or 1/2 oz.)
- Cucumber peels, for garnish
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Steep 2 1/2 cups diced, peeled cucumber in 4 1/2 cups gin, covered and chilled, 8 hours to 4 days (or 1/2 cup cucumber in 1 cup gin). Strain; store indefinitely in the refrigerator.
Mint Simple Syrup
- Heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water over medium-high heat, stirring until dissolved. Add 1 cup mint leaves; remove from heat. Cover; steep 30 minutes to 1 hour. Strain; discard mint. Refrigerate up to 2 months.
- In a 2-quart pitcher, stir gin, lime juice,and syrup. Refrigerate.
- To serve, pour into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake vigorously, and divide among ice-filled 10-ounce glasses. (For a single drink, mix in a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake.)
- Garnish each with cucumber peel and mint.