Youtube makeup artist Katherine Ward recently released a tutorial on how to turn Oreos into mascara. Yes, you read that right: America’s favorite is so much more than just your go-to midnight snack, it can be used as makeup. The process is so easy, you’ll be grabbing your coat and wallet and heading out to the nearest grocery store the minute you reach the end of this post (if not to try this hack then at least to get some Double Stuffeds).
To get started, you’ll need rubbing alcohol, a cotton ball, a small container (think lip balm tin or something along those lines), a spoon, a plastic bag, water, a small bowl for mixing, eye or face primer and, of course, Oreos. Got everything? Great! Here are the steps:
- Soak a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and clean out your small container to get rid of any germs. You’re already putting food right up by your eyeballs, so you don’t want any surprises of the bacteria variety.
- Take your Oreos, and using the old twist-and-pull method, separate them and scrape out the cream. Do with it what you will, we won’t be using the cream for the mascara!
- Put your cream-free cookies into your plastic bag, and take out your day’s frustrations on them by crushing them with the back of your spoon until you’ve crumbled them into a fine powder.
- Spoon the powder into a small bowl, add water and mix well. Then, add your face or eye primer (this is where I remind you that makeup is not food). Once you have a cake batter-esque consistency, transfer it into your final small container.
- Dip a clean mascara wand into your new favorite product, and apply normally.
Voila! Your lashes are now painted with a cookie. Want to see how it’s all done via video? Check it out below: