X
X

Enter to win a cleanser from Erno Laszlo!

*By entering to win, you agree to receive future emails from Erno Laszlo and SheFinds.

Style

What Is The 80/20 Rule?

May 27, 2016 by Justine Schwartz
shefinds | Style

You might have heard that Olivia Munn recently lost 12 pounds for her role in X-Men by practicing the 80/20 rule. There were literally so many articles on the web about it–but, wait, what is the 80/20 rule?

It’s simple, when following this “diet”, 80% of the time you focus on clean, good-for-you food (especially vegetables). The other 20% of the time you allow yourself to eat (pretty much) whatever you want. The rationale being, as long as you eat really well *most of the time* you don’t need to freak out and start eliminating entire food groups. Gisele also swears by it.

Olivia told Women’s Health, “When I started on X-Men, I had been training and doing regular personal training and trying to eat in a healthy way. My intention was to just get as fit and as healthy as I could be, for myself…I started working out every single day, and then I also started getting into eating 20-80, where 80 percent of your diet is fruits and vegetables and 20 percent is whatever. So, that can be any kind of meats or breads or anything else, but mostly fruits and vegetables.”

Well, there you have it!

From Our Partners

Learn more about RevenueStripe...

From Our Partners

Learn more about RevenueStripe...

Fashion

Psst! These $30 Black Leggings Flatten Your Tummy #YesPlease

September 21, 2018 by Jeanine Edwards
*Praise hands*

Style

This $25 Nordstrom Tee Is The Perfect Fall Top To Wear With *Anything*

September 21, 2018 by Jeanine Edwards
Get one right away!

Style

This Super Soft Sweater Has Over 800 Rave Reviews At Nordstrom

September 20, 2018 by Jeanine Edwards
Get one for yourself.

Fashion

These Shoes Look Super Expensive—But They’re Only $22 At Target!

September 20, 2018 by Emily Belfiore
We're OBSESSED!

Fashion

I Tried Rent The Runway Unlimited For The First Time--Here's What I Thought

September 20, 2018 by Alisha Stacy
It's life-changing!

Style

Need New Boots For Fall? We're Giving Away 10 Pairs From Chooka

September 20, 2018 by Alisha Stacy
Enter now!

Fashion

These $20 Black Leggings Are *Crazy* Popular At Amazon

September 19, 2018 by Jeanine Edwards
Get a pair today!

Fashion

The Tiny Top Trend You’re About To See EVERYWHERE This Fall

September 19, 2018 by Jessica Harrington
Shop the trend!

Celebrity

We Can't Believe Blake Lively Just Made This Unexpected Outfit Choice A HUGE Trend For Fall

September 19, 2018 by Jessica Harrington
Are you brave enough to try it?

Fashion

The $7 Top You HAVE To Buy From H&M’s Must Shop Sale While It's Still In Stock

September 18, 2018 by Emily Belfiore
It comes in SO many different colors!

Fashion

This Super Soft Fall Tee Has Over 300 Five-Star Reviews At Nordstrom

September 18, 2018 by Jeanine Edwards
It's so good!

Fashion

4 Sneaker Trends That Are Going To Be Everywhere This Fall (& They’re Not Slip-Ons)

September 18, 2018 by Jessica Harrington
Who's ready to shop?

Fashion

The One Styling Trick You Should Always Try If You Want To Look 10 Years Younger

September 16, 2018 by Jessica Harrington
It's so simple!

Fashion

4 New Flats Trends Everyone Will Be Wearing This Fall (& They’re SO Comfortable!)

September 15, 2018 by Jessica Harrington
Start shopping!

Style

Need New Boots For Fall? We're Giving Away 10 Pairs From Chooka

It's the most wonderful time of the year--fall! ...

LOAD MORE
+
LOAD MORE POSTS