Okay, where did spring go? It went from being cold and gross and to scorching hot in like a week. If you a having trouble figuring out what to wear, we rounded up 6 pieces that will help you adapt your wardrobe to the warmer weather. Some of these items are summer staples (see #1 & #4), while others will punch up a simple t-shirt or tank (see #2 & #3). Check out all the items out below:
1. White jeans: Memorial Day has passed, and whether you follow the old rule or not, it’s the season for white pants. White pants are a summer wardrobe staple. If the idea of white pants scares you, check out our guide to shopping for white jeans.
3. Circle sunglasses: Round sunglasses are one of this season’s biggest trends. These cute sunnies have a retro vibe that we love. Channel your inner John Lennon with these ASOS Metal Top Keyhole Round Sunglasses ($20).
4. Lightweight dresses: A lightweight dress is a necessity during the summer. Nobody likes to have their clothes sticking to their skin. Avoid sweating in a lightweight, breathable dress like this MINKPINK Skater Dress ($89). Tip: Make sure you have the right undergarments.
5. Printed shorts: Although denim shorts have their time and place, printed shorts are much more sophisticated. A pair of printed shorts can easily be dressed up or down. Try this pair of Milly Drawstring Shorts ($55.50, down from $185).
6. Pre-fall pieces: This is the time of year when designers release their pre-fall collections. Treat yourself to an item (or 2) that you can use all summer long and throughout the fall, too. We suggest this Loeffler Randall Rider Bag ($550). It’s an updated version of one of their most popular items. Plus, you’ll get bonus points for rocking the black and white handbag trend.