Having a hard time navigating this spring’s trends? We don’t blame you–some trends, like pinafore dresses and jungle prints, can be intimating. That’s why we came up with a list of 6 easy-to-wear pieces you need for spring. These trends will instantly update your wardrobe and are guaranteed will work great with pieces you already own. Oh, and did we mention that our picks are all under $50? Check them out below.
1. Adirondack jacket: An adirondack jacket is perfect for the in between seasons weather. This Forever 21 utility jacket ($34.80) goes with everything, plus it has a hidden hood for unexpected rain showers.
2. Cap toe flats: If your toes aren’t ready for sandal season, cap toe flats are a great way to add a pop of color to your outfit. We love these BC Footwear flats ($49.99)–they are a neutral color but the metallic cap toe still makes a statement.
3. A bright crossbody bag: A colorful crossbody bag is a fun, yet simple way to brighten up any outfit. Even your most boring t-shirt and jeans will look more enticing with this Pieces Gia Cross Over Chain Bag ($43.23) over your shoulder.
4. Strappy sandals: This month, it might finally be warm enough to wear sandals. But that doesn’t mean it’s okay to break out the plastic flip flops (only acceptable at the pool or beach). These CL by Laundry Shoes Serafina Demi Wedge Sandals ($49) are great for casual wear. The wedge and ankle strap will dress up any outfit.
5. Pastel skinny jeans: Don’t be scared to ditch you dark jeans for the new easter-egg colored pants. Pastel pants are a great way to add color to your spring wardrobe. We suggest trying this pair of LOFT Color Pop Super Skinny Jeans ($39.99, down from $59.50). If you are worried about pulling off colored denim, check out our size guide.
6. A colorful dress: A bright dress is the perfect transition piece for going from day to night. Forever 21 has tons of styles under $50, like this colorblocked bodycon dress ($22.80). Throw a blazer over it for work or add a pair of ankle strap sandals and head to the bar.