What do I want for Christmas? The question probably should be what don't I want for Christmas. With a job like this, I spend the majority of my waking hours immersed in the search for the best fashion and beauty finds on the internet, so narrowing down my list to a few things I'd really love to have is nearly impossible. But in the interest of brevity, here are my top five:
1. I need boots, and I can't possibly narrow my choice down to just one pair. How about Santa brings me one pair of cozy leather UGG®s ($225) to combat the cold and a pair of Fyre Bonnie Tall Riding boots ($358) to stay atop the riding boot trend?
2. For running around the city, I need a coat that can stand up to winter weather but still look good. This striped coat from L.A.M.B. ($525) would work perfectly, and its muted colors could also handle the urban grime without looking filthy after one wear.
3. Can a girl ever have too many handbags? I think not. And while I would have died for one of those amazing Mauro Zagliani totes, I'll also be perfectly content with a great imitation from Banana Republic (was $248, now $150).
4. These days, I'm all about dresses. Just pull one on, add a pair of boots, and you look as put together as if you'd spent an hour selecting your outfit. I especially love this BCBG Wool Jersey Smocked dress ($240) because it could look as chic for dinner as it does in the office.
5. I'll be the first one to admit that my obsession with Gossip Girl might be slightly unhealthy. But what's not to love? While normally Serena's style is more my taste, Dan Humphrey's ex Vanessa did sport a pair of earrings I'm dying to get my hands on (they've also been spotted on Hillary Duff). Please, Santa, pass me on a pair of CC Skye Gold Bamboo hoops ($135).
In case it wasn't obvious, I'd also take just about anything off our guide to gifts that are going, going, gone–just don't wait too much longer to start buying for me, because a couple of my favorites have already sold out.