Have you seen people wearing those cool wireless earbuds? You know, the ones that make you stop and wonder — “How are those not falling out of their ears?” Well, those are the new Apple Airpods and they’ve been the hottest tech item on the market since they launched last year. In fact, the Apple AirPods have been in such high-demand that they’re completely sold out for the holidays! That’s right, if you were hoping to purchase a pair of Apple AirPods for the holidays, you might be out of luck until January. Tim Bajarin, an analyst with Creative Strategies, told USA Today that he was not surprised that the AirPods were sold out. “It’s been the hottest of all the wireless earbuds for months,” he says. Here’s what we know so far about the sold out Apple AirPods, and here are some loopholes on how to get them ASAP!
1. The Apple AirPods retail for $159. They come with a charging case with a 24-hour battery life and can connect to an iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac. According to Apple, Siri is available just by double-tapping and “audio automatically plays as soon as you put them in your ears and pauses when you take them out.” Sounds like a hot-ticket item–no wonder they’re sold out!
Apple AirPods ($159.00)
2. The Apple AirPods are currently sold out on Apple’s website, but you can get them by Jan. 9, 2018 if you order today. For an additional $10.00 fee, you can get expedited shipping and receive the AirPods by Jan. 5, 2018! That’s not so bad, is it?
3. It seems that the Apple AirPods are available in-store at select New York locations. If you’re in the New York region, contact your local Apple Store to see if they have the AirPods in stock–you might get lucky!
4. Apple AirPods are also sold out at department stores. According to USA Today, Apple AirPods are also sold out at Best Buy and Target until January, “while the AT&T online store promises two-day delivery with an extra $14.95 delivery fee.”
5. We all love a good Apple product. But they aren’t the only ones who have designed an awesome pair of wireless earbuds. If you just can’t wait until January to get your hands on a pair of Apple AirPods, here are some alternative options that are just as cool! We even added some reviews if you don’t believe us!
“I have had these for a little over a week now, and I have to say I try to find a reason to use them every chance I can. Phone calls are crystal clear; both hearing and receiving them. Music playback is hitting it perfectly. I have always loved the sound quality of JBL and this one is no difference. The assistant Google/Siri works perfectly with smartphones” -JBLfan92
Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats3 Wireless ($159.95)
“These are definitely very good for the money. I had the Powerbeats 2 and I am incredibly happy with them. I have them with me everywhere I go along with a micro USB cable to get some fast charge if they die. I’ve been so excited to get the Powerbeats 3 since the announcement.” –
“Great sound in a small package. Comfy buds that are easy to use and are great for phone calls because of the noise cancellation mic. Such a compact charging case – so great that it provides a couple extra charges on the go. The perfect pair of take along buds!” -TKM the PDM
So, will you wait until January for Apple AirPods or try a different brand of wireless earbuds? If you prefer classic headphones, check out these gorgeous metallic Bluetooth headphones at SheFinds.com