If you thought the race between Barack and John were getting heated, how about the fashion dash between their wives? Each one has been honing her style skills as the election nears, but as far as I can tell, it seems we're soon to have a winner.
- Style: Michelle, an admitted Sex and the City fan, is clearly influenced by Sarah Jessica Parker and crew's fashionable ways. We've even gone so far as to say she might be the next Jackie O. Modern and fresh, colorful yet classy, sometimes borderline sexy (knee high boots and a quasi trench dress, anyone?), Michelle still likes to throw in a few curve balls here and there. She has worn a little bit of everything including ultra-wide belts and even black leggings. Some of our favorite looks are here.
- Favorite Brands: Isabel Toledo, Maria Pinto, Donna Ricco, White House/Black Market … she even shops at the Gap (her 4th of July dress is actually on sale!) and Target.
- Steal Her Look: She'll never give up her black studded belt, but the rest of her closet is eclectic.
- Style: Before hitting the campaign trail on McCain's first run in 2000, Cindy had an affinity for the frumpy. These days, when in doubt, Cindy's motto is monochrome and streamlined–a safe choice for any potential First Lady. While she has been caught in a pink leather jacket that's probably better left to biker chicks, she was also recently wearing a $300,000 outfit for the Republican Convention. Touché.
- Favorite Brands: Chanel, Oscar de la Renta, St. John… but a lot of her looks can be found at places like Ann Taylor.
- Steal Her Look: Cashmere turtlenecks and her signature three-strand pearl necklace are her fashion staples.
Take a look at the competition and vote for your favorite candidate!