While your kids are too little to enjoy rich, whole bean Eight O’Clock Coffee goodness, we know you need it by the truckload. Fueling up for the morning rush is important, but sadly it doesn’t ensure that your AM won’t devolve into total chaos within minutes.
Sound familiar? It might interest you to know that getting the kids ready for school in the morning doesn’t have to be a total nightmare. The fine folks at Eight O’Clock Coffee have a few helpul tips for making sure your morning goes down just as smoothly as that first cup of joe.
They’re also offering one lucky winner a special “Back-To-School Parent Survival Pack”, which includes 5 bags of Eight O’Clock Coffee, and a brand new travel mug!
After the jump – enter to win & get “Back-to-School Survival Tips” from Eight O’Clock Coffee!
TIP 1: Become Your Own Brewista – Save time, money and gas this back-to-school season by brewing your morning coffee at home. You can even set your coffee maker’s timer the night before to wake up to great-smelling Eight O’Clock Coffee.
TIP 2: Preplan Lunch – A few days before school starts, sit down with your kids and create a grocery list of healthy snacks and lunches they would like for school. Rotate each of their selections throughout the week. Make Tuesday “Turkey Tuesday” or Wednesday “Wrap Wednesday” – adding variety to keep lunch exciting. When possible, pack their lunch the night before to reduce stress in the morning.
TIP 3: Assemble Weekly Wardrobes – Every Sunday check the upcoming weekly weather forecast with your kids. Then, have them pick out five outfits for the upcoming school week.Hang them in daily order in their closet to avoid the inevitable, “Mom, I can’t find my favorite blue shirt!”
TIP 4: Be Prepared for School Projects – Avoid late night rushing around to complete school projects by having art supplies on hand. Create an arts and craft bin that includes more than just crayons and colored paper. Collect items like pipe cleaners, stickers, figurines, beads – even coffee beans – and other creative finds, and put the fun back in school projects.
1. You must be a subscriber to our newsletter to be eligible. Sign up here if you haven’t already done so.
2. To enter, just “Find Your Grind” and tell us what your coffee flavor of choice is in the comments below.
3. You must supply us with a valid email address.
4. The contest starts now and entries must be date stamped by our server no later than Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM Eastern Time to be eligible.
5. One winner will be selected during a random drawing and will be notified via e-mail and must respond as instructed to receive the prize.
6. No prize substitutions.
7. You must be 18 years old or older and a resident of the US to enter. Entries from the state of Florida are void.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. Void where prohibited.
10. Click here to see the full rules.