The only thing that makes saying goodbye to those beautiful summer nights even somewhat bearable is the fact that you get to refresh your wardrobe with stylish cold-weather gear. The one closet staple to refresh on the regular? Your coat options, of course! If you’re looking to seriously upgrade your outerwear options with a new stylish statement coat that’ll keep your warm from late October to the end of February, these are the fall coat trends that need to be on your radar–and in your shopping cart ASAP!
1. Classic Trench. You can never go wrong with a classic trench. It’s the perfect topper to grab on chilly fall days, plus it’s perfect for layering over sweaters as winter sets in. Chances are you already have a traditional trench in your closet, so switch things up this winter with this Beige Deconstructed Long Sleeve Trench Coat. The unexpected neckline and bow details on the sleeves make it extra special.
2. Prints & Patterns. This time of year it’s all about the patterns. Plaid is quintessential fall, but if you’re looking for something a little more surprising this Black Herringbone Check Tie Cuff Coat is for you. In addition to the cool print, it also features one of the season’s hottest trends: statement sleeves. Talk about a double dose of style.
3. Faux Fur Details. A little fur goes a long way when you need some extra warmth, but also when you’re looking for a small touch of glam. This Black Faux Fur Trim Fallaway Coat features leather sleeves and a soft and cozy faur fur collar making it the perfect pick for chilly weather.
4. Texture. When you’re looking for a coat that doesn’t fit the regular mold, investing in a staple that has some texture is a must. Try a style like this Bright Pink Textured Coat which has a nubby feel that just begs to be admired.
5. Metallic Glow. Last but not least, don’t be afraid to stun in an eye-catching metallic option. Not only are metallics flattering on lots of skin tones, but they’re also neutral so they’ll look good with any outfit. This Silver Cracked Coated Metallic Aviator Jacket is not only a classic silhouette, but the fur details ensure it’s warm and cozy on cold days, too.
[Photo: River Island]
The editors at SheFinds wrote this post on behalf of River Island and received compensation as part of our agreement.