Your Fall Hit List: What You Really, Actually Do Need For The New Season
August 23, 2012
We’re so excited about our book WEAR THIS NOW: Your Style Solution for Every Season and Any Occasion, published by Harlequin. And since we can’t wait for you to check it out in print at your nearest bookstore (next week!), we’re presenting our favorite bits to keep you stylishly satisfied. The average woman spends a whopping two years of her life standing in front of her closet, wondering why she can’t find a single thing to wear, so our book is a reference to keep on hand during those epic closet stares.
Here’s an excerpt, especially for you:
Summer is winding down and the days are getting cooler–finally! This is one of the most anticipated, riveting times of the year for the fashion world. It’s no coincidence that Mercedes Benz Fashion Week kicks off in September, when every major designer around the world will show their new wares to the fashion elite: magazine editors, department store buyers, and the occasional Real Housewife. It’s the fashion set’s equivalent of the first day of school. It’s so exciting to pick out what you’ll be wearing for the rest of the year now that everyone’s back from summer vacation and ready to get back to business. Fashion insiders start dreaming about pulling on the layers and accessories again, and the magazines are the fattest all year. Fall is all about newness–churning over the closet, just as farmers turn their soil for the close to their growing season. Look forward to restocking your closet with new boots, denim, handbags and more that you’ll go back to again and again.
Your Fall Hit List:
- 3-5 Layering tanks and tees
- Wool sheath dress
- Cozy oversize sweater or cardigan to wear over dresses, with jeans, etc.
- Wool or wool-blend pants—one black, one gray, one camel
- White button down shirt
- At least one pair of tall leather boots (some boot-lovers prefer one in black and one in brown)
- Cashmere cardigan
- Printed scarf
- Suede moccasins or driving shoes
- Overnight bag
- Thin socks
- A combination of gray and black tights
- Navy, black or gray blazer
- Leather jacket
- A great-fitting pair of jeans (one wide-leg, one skinny, one boot cut if they’re flattering on you)
- A fabulous leather handbag
- Camel colored trousers
- A skinny belt, to go over cardigans, pants and pencil skirts
- Shells, in a multitude of colors
- Blouses for work and evening
- Plaid top
- Boat neck sweater
Get more insider tips from WEAR THIS NOW, by SHEfinds Founder and CEO Michelle Madhok and SHEfinds Senior Editor, Eileen Conlan.