Your Fall Shopping Checklist: The 8 Items No Woman Should Be Without
September 9, 2013
Finally ready to start retiring your summer clothes? Yes, I know it’s bittersweet but here’s the consolation: you get to buy new things for the season!
So just what should you be buying? Glad you asked. We polled our shopaholic staff and narrowed down the 8 items every woman needs for fall. If you only treat yourself to a few new pieces, make sure you cover these bases:
1. Leather pants. They don’t just look hot, they’re functional, too. On a cold winter day, leather pants will keep you way warmer than jeans.
2. Oxfords. Because the reality is, you can’t wear heels every day. These are dressy, but also comfortable.
3. Midi Skirt. No other skirt pairs quite as nicely with booties as the midi skirt. It’s just the right length to show off your shoes.
4. Mixed Media Jacket. These were huge last fall and they’re just as popular this season. Think leather sleeves or patches, neoprene detailing and lots of fur accents.
5. Vest. You can’t layer like a pro without a good vest. Whether you opt for something drapey or moto style, throw it over everything from dresses to jeans and sweatshirts.
6. Sweatshirt. Speaking of sweatshirts, they’re also back for round 2 this fall. This is your opportunity to wear a sweatshirt and look cute. Do it.
7. Something Plaid. Plaid is pretty much synonymous with autumn, so if you’ve written it off it’s time to give it another chance. Designers like Marc Jacobs and Equipment have given it a cool update this fall and we’re kinda obsessed.
8. Booties. This should go without saying. When it’s cold, nothing will keep your feet cute and cozy like booties will.
Now that you know what you need, it’s time to start shopping! Check out our fall must-haves in the slideshow below.