If you’re one of those girls that has to fill in their eyebrows (which we all should be), then this post is for you. Chances are, you’ve been filling in your brows for years, but you’ve been doing it wrong. And if you don’t fill those hairy caterpillers in, than maybe you should start, because they probably don’t look their best.
Yes, typical grooming techniques like waxing, threading, and tweezing should be your first step, but they shouldn’t be your only step. Maintaing the perfect brow takes some effort, but it shouldn’t cost a ton of money. Just look at Kim Kardashian‘s brows. She spends a lot of time making sure they’re perfect, but the products she uses are $25 or less. (Don’t worry, they’re in our slideshow.)
If you do fill your brows in on a regular basis, you’re probably using a powder or a liquid. But, you probably didn’t know that you need to use both along with a clear gel to color and tame your brows. Whoa, #GameChanger.
Are you doing it wrong? Do you need more advice? Read our brow tips below and then shop for the best brow products in our slideshow. Your brows will look better in no time.
1. This may seem like a no brainer, but you need to use waterproof products, especially in the summer time. You don’t want to be the girl whos eyebrows are sliding down her face do you?
2. If you fill in your eyebrows on a regular basis, you can’t skip a day. That’s just awkard. Your friends and co-workers are going to be very confused, and you’ll reveal your secret.
3. Obvi, you have to groom them no matter what your hair color is. Yep, even blondes have to clean their brows up. And if you do wax or thread them on a regular basis, you still need to invest in a good pair of tweezers for those little hairs that seem to creep up out of no where. Tweezers will also extend the time between your waxes or thread appointments, which will save you money in the long run.
4. You can’t just apply eyebrow powder with any ole’ eyeshadow brush, and you better not even think about using your fingers. You have to get an eyebrow brush. Luckily, most of our pencil and powder picks come with one.
5. If you color in your eyebrows, you have to use clear eyebrow gel. This will lock in the color and keep your brows from sliding off your face. It will also tame all of those crazy hairs that you get when you wake up in the morning
Follow our tips and shop our products so you don’t do it wrong anymore!