How many times have you ironed a shirt right before you’ve worn it? If you’ve done this, you’ve probably been ironing your clothing the wrong way your whole life. You should never wear an item immediately after ironing it. Instead, you should let it sit for a few hours in order to let the creases set. This explains why some items get wrinkly again immediately after you wear them.
To avoid ruing your clothing while ironing, you should also follow these rules:
- Never iron your clothing in circular motions because this can stretch the fabric.
- Don’t iron fabrics that are too dry. Wrinkles are easier to remove from damp clothing.
- Pay special attention to the iron’s heat settings. Using a high heat setting can shorten the life of your clothing.
- A good rule of them is to iron clothing inside-out. This will prevent you from ruining the finish of certain fabrics.
- Make sure your iron is clean before using it. You don’t want residue from the iron to get on your clothing. Most irons can be cleaned with a simple household cleaner.