What To Wear To A Concert: 8 Tips For An Impeccably Cool Outfit
September 7, 2017
Have a concert coming up this weekend or soon? If you Googled what to wear for it, then you’re not alone. This was one of the most-searched fashion questions, which means more than one of you wondered how to look effortlessly cool for a music event, while still comfortable enough to stand on your feet for several hours or dance all night. Dressing up to see Taylor Swift or Jay-Z and Beyonce requires more than just shopping for a new top. Every piece that makes up your look plays a key part in having the best experience ever. (You paid money for this after all.) So, we came up with some style tips on how to shop for that next live show you’re planning to see. The key takeaway? Have fun!
1) Plan for the location. Most of your concerts will take place indoors. But for those music events taking place outside, you might want to check your weather app. Especially if it’s a rain or shine show. Or if you find yourself outdoors at the peak of summer, you should probably think twice before putting on your favorite denim jacket.
2) Wear comfortable shoes and pants. Flats are key for concert goers. You’ll be on your feet the majority of the time, so put on a pair of fashion sneakers, espadrilles, or d’Orsay flats, like this cute suede pair from J. Crew Factory for $79.50. And if you must wear sandals, go for a closed-toe style. A large crowd ups your chances of getting stepped on. Ouch! As for pants, now is not the time to break in those brand new skinny jeans. You’ll be miserable the entire time. Opt for chic trousers or joggers, even printed wide leg pants.
3) Don’t be afraid to make a statement. Graphic tees and sweatshirts are not only fun but functional. How else are you going to find your BFF in the bathroom line if she wasn’t wearing her “Flawless” crew neck? You should also go bold when it comes to beauty. Channel the concert’s creativity through makeup. Experiment with a cat eye look, bright lip shade, or nail art. Extra style points if your mani was inspired by the music.
4) Ditch your tote and go for a crossbody. You’re going to be clapping, dancing, and maybe wiping the tears from your eyes during that heart-wrenching love song. A hands-free is purse is a must. And keep the size of your bag to a minimum. You’ll only be out for a few hours, so all you really need is your wallet and phone.
5) No hats, please! Unless you’re outside in a giant field for a music festival, keep the hats at home. The people behind you will thank you.
6) Lightly layer up. If you intend on wearing a jacket or extra shirt for your trip to the show, then go for moto jackets, flannels, or denim shirts. Basically, anything you can wrap around your waist if you need to shed a layer.
7) Go easy on the jewelry. You can still wear some bling, but keep it simple. Avoid layering or putting on bulky baubles that might be more bothersome than stylish.
8) Rompers are a music fan’s best friend. The one-and-done outfit, you won’t need much else if you’ve found the perfect one. We’re loving this casual short sleeve romper from Gap.
Don’t forget to check out the five button downs every woman should own, how to choose a blouse that will flatter your figure, and how to stop your ripped jeans from ripping even more.
[Photo: Always Judging]