5 Reasons You Should Fold Clothes As Soon As You Take Them Out Of The Dryer
September 4, 2015
Most of us probably don’t look forward to doing the laundry, with folding being an especially tedious task. So it’s tempting to delay it–or not do it at all. Before you toss that chore aside, though, take a look at these five reasons why you should fold your clothes as soon as the dryer is done (sorry!).
1. It wards off wrinkles. If you leave your clothes in a heap in the laundry basket, on the bed or even in the dryer, they’ll wrinkle faster. Laundry experts agree that folding your items while they’re still warm from the dryer can prevent you from having to iron them later on. This will save you time when getting dressed.
2. It saves time. Many cleaning experts say it’s simply more efficient to fold the clothes as you take them out of the dryer, instead of putting them in a basket and tackling one big pile later on. Let’s face it: If you’re staring at that huge pile, you’re more likely to avoid the task for as long as possible.
3. It prevents loss. Smaller items like socks are easier to misplace if they’re just lying around. Pairing them up and putting them away means you’re less likely to lose one of them.
4. It makes it easier to get dressed. Placing your neatly folded clothes in a drawer or hanging items up in the closet will make finding what you need to get dressed a breeze. During the hustle and bustle of the morning especially, who has time to rummage through a pile of clothes looking for what they need?
5. It helps your clothes last longer. It makes sense that if you treat your clothes with care, you’ll get more use out of them–and that means you’ll save money in the long run.