6 Beauty Products That You Should Store In The Fridge
July 27, 2015
Most people keep their beauty products in the bathroom cabinet or on a vanity. Did you know there are certain beauty essentials that are better when stored in the refrigerator? Not only does their shelf life get extended but New York-based dermatologist Dendy Engelman says,”The temperature is stable, so it doesn’t go through extreme heat or cold, which may affect the formulation or alter the consistency of the product.”
Clear out some room in your fridge and add these six beauty products to the shelf. Be sure to store your beauty products in containers or away from food to prevent cross-contamination.
1. Eye cream. Not only will cold eye cream feel refreshing, but the cool temperature will reduce puffiness due to constricted blood vessels. Buh-bye, undereye bags!
2. Perfume. Heat and sunlight can alter the fragrance of your favorite perfume. If perfume stays in the heat for too long, the chemicals will start to break down and completely change the scent.
3. Natural beauty products. Considering these products are natural, they don’t contain preservatives so there’s a more likely chance of bacteria buildup. Storing natural products in the fridge will most definitely extend their shelf life and keep bacteria from popping up.
4. Facial masks. Much like eye cream, cool facial masks will constrict capillaries and help reduce those prone to redness. It will also feel soothing and calming on irritated skin.
5. Eyeliner. A lot of professional makeup artists suggest putting eyeliner in the fridge for about 10 minutes before use. When you go to sharpen it, you’ll have a precise tip to perfect your winged liner. It should also glide along your lash line effortlessly.
6. Lipstick/lip balm. To maintain the shape and shelf life of your favorite lipstick and lip balm, store it in the fridge. Keeping it away from the heat will prevent chemical breakdown.