Martha Stewart had quite the scary start to her 2019. The home decor guru recently revealed that she almost had a house fire last week.
Here’s everything we know so far!
Stewart was on vacation when the incident occurred, which had been caused by an unlikely suspect--her magnifying makeup mirror!
"BEWARE!!!!! While I was in Tasmania my master bathroom had a serious problem A magnifying makeup mirror , sitting on the back of the toilet , happened to catch the rays if the afternoon sun , reflecting them directly onto the painted window sill . The light was so intense that the paint scorched and smoked And almost ignited!," she wrote on Instagram, attaching a picture of the mirror and the damage it caused to warn fans.
Thankfully, someone was there to stop the fire before it got too bad. "My housekeeper smelled the burning paint and stopped the problem Please take care not to let such a queer thing happen in your home!!!!!," Stewart continued.
How random, right? Well, this actually happens a lot. Fans of Stewart took the comments section and admitted to having the same thing happen to them.
“This happened to me too! It made a deep scorch in the window trim. I was very lucky there weren’t any fabric drapes close enough to ignite,” one fan wrote in the comment section. “That happened to a friend and luckily she was home to put out the fire,” said another.
“Most excellent reminder… thank you and thanks God your home was still there,” one fan gushed.
We're so happy that Martha is ok! Has this ever happened to you? Let us know in the comments below!