In this week’s episode of Bravo’s Kell On Earth, Kelly Curtone’s tips focused around how to survive while trying to break into the fashion PR world. For the entry level workers of People’s Revolution, the chaos of fashion week got the best of them, and many mistakes were made. Luckily, Kelly freely dispensed gems of knowledge all night, with a fit of rage mixed in, that are helpful for anyone struggling to make it at a new job.
Now, for the Kelly-isms of the night:
- “I would love to go sit down at my desk and think about how sad I am after I was fired, but guess that’s not a productive thought.”- There’s no point in dwelling on past mistakes, you must always be forward thinking. Kelly got fired by Chado Ralph Rucci after a seating chart fiasco, but nothing gets her down.
- “90 percent of what happens during fashion week is common sense. It is amazing what the youth of America is lacking.”- The People’s Revolution interns can’t seem to get anything right. Annoyed by their inability to send out bags with Genetic Denim jeans to editors correctly, Kelly yells at them to get it together–and not do a single thing without permission.
- “This isn’t college: this is hundreds of millions of dollars of peoples’ money” – Kelly reminds us in the real world, no one cares about your excuses. Fix the problem, or you’re out.
- “I want space and energy in my office, and if you are not prepared to work and to do it my way, then do not come back.” – Never forget who’s the boss or you may face Kelly-level profanities.
- “When you’re working so hard, you try to also do as many Mom things as you can.” – When work begins to consume your life, remember to step back and reevaluate what’s really important. For Kelly, that means balancing her life as a bad-ass PR leader and a single mom
The fashion vocab word “jeggings”, the hybrid of jeans + leggings, was thrown around a lot on last night’s episode. Get the look seen on Whitney Port, another former slave of Kelly Cutrone’s. Try these acid wash jeggings by J Brand ($154).