We love sequin pants–they’re such a fun alternative to dresses for a holiday party, and give your day-to-day look an awesome glamorous edge–but although they look amazing on models and fashion bloggers, the average SHEfinds girl needs a little help pulling off this trend. Fret not though, because it can absolutely be done. Just follow the tips below, and you’ll look like a fabulous it girl on her way to an event where her bottom half is the guest of honor (rather than a somewhat confused and sparkle-eccentric clown).
1. Make sure they’re fitted. You want these to accentuate your butt and legs, not hang harem-style. Go a size down if you need to.
2. Keep it simple on top. Wear a embellishment-free blouse–we’d suggest something in a solid color–and tuck it in. White and black look great with sequin print pants, as do jewel tones.
3. Dress it down with your shoes. This trend looks best with heels, but va-va-voom strappy ones just scream “trying too hard!” Instead, try a pair of black or brown booties.
4. Simple jewelry is key. A few stacked bangles and a delicate necklace are fine, but don’t go overboard on the statement bling.
5. Top it off. Whether you choose a great structured blazer, a denim jacket, or a fitted cardigan, top off the look with an assertive, not overly feminine piece to contrast the pants.
Ta-da! You and your pants are ready to par-tay! Now that you know how to wear them, browse our favorites in the slideshow.