In today's youth-obsessed culture, women go to extreme lengths to fight Father Time – from multiple cosmetic surgeries to unrealistic diet and beauty rituals. Well, style expert and best-selling author Charla Krupp feels our pain. She understands the pressures us women are under – even starting in our 20s – to look youthful when our birthdays say otherwise. But instead of resorting to crazy, unrealistic measures, Charla gives down-to-earth, candid, and useful tips in her book, How Not To Look Old: Fast and Effortless Ways to 10 Years Younger, 10 Pounds Lighter, 10 Times Better. From the right colors and shapes to complement your shape to which treatments will battle the signs of aging, Charla's straightforward approach has helped numerous women feel more beautiful and comfortable in their own skin. She should know – Charla's been doling out fashion advice on the Today show for nearly 10 years! And now, we are giving away copies of Charla's book to 5 lucky readers. In order to be considered, you have to write to us in the comments section and tell us what fashion find or beauty product keeps you feeling young and fabulous. Below, Charla has shared with SheFinds her Top 5 Ways to Dress Your Age While Keeping with the Trends:
1. Color: Spring is all about a carnival of color. Indulge! Yellow, pink, orange, lime, cobalt, lilac…but better to wear the bright color on your upper half—top, blouse, shirt, jacket. Keep the bottom half simple in black pants or pencil skirt…or jeans or white pants or white jeans. SheFinds suggests the Saks Fifth Avenue Sport Cotton Sateen Blouse in flattering coral ($195).
2. The dress: Choose a shift dress or a womanly dress that gives you a great shape. Skip the baby doll and empire styles—too young and not flattering. SheFinds suggests the Stretch Cross-Dyed Shift Dress with a unique tie-belt ($119).
3. Sculptural jackets: Go for it! But keep to solid colors as the shape of the jacket is enough of a statement. SheFinds suggests the Banana Republic Monogram Suit Jacket in steel grey ($225).
4. Belts! It’s all about middle management. Cinch in your middle and give yourself the hourglass figure you’ve worked so hard to maintain. SheFinds suggests Ann Taylor's Dora Belt in brown leather ($58).
5. Heels: Killer sculptural heels – skip it. Wear heels, but not killer ones. Instead, go for a chunky heel or a wedge or a kitten heel. SheFinds suggests the Pura Lopex pump ($360) with an edgy bow detail and sexy pointy toe.
Want more expert style advice from Charla? Pick up a copy of her book, How Not To Look Old, available on Amazon. Or…
Win a copy of the book from SheFinds!
We are giving away copies to 5 lucky readers. In order to be considered, you have to write to us in the comments section and share with us what fashion find or beauty product keeps you feeling young. On Friday, we will choose the 5 winners!
And check out the Top 5's from our other experts: Nadine Haobsh, author of Beauty Confidential, Kat James, author of The Truth About Beauty, and Nada Manley, author of Secrets of the Beauty Insiders.